479-996-4119  |  For Emergencies Dial 911  |  Stay Connected:
You Are Here: Community > FAQ

This program allows eligible victims and witnesses to obtain reliable and timely information regarding a criminal alien's release from custody. Click here to learn more and register.

Frequently Asked Questions

We get lots of questions all of the time on a wide range of topics.  On this page, we have organized some that we feel the public would like to see most.  Just Click on a Question to see the Answer.

You may also want to visit our Code Enforcement and State Laws Pages for a list of Ordinances and Statutes that are frequently referenced.

Patrol Division

An accident report can be obtained by your insurance company automatically, or you can purchase a copy of the accident report in person at the Police Department for $10.00 (check or cash) three business days after the accident.  All accident reports are available online as soon as they are approved by a supervisor.   You may retrieve them at http://greenwoodar.policereports.us.

1. Following too close.  2. Failing to stop at a stop sign.  3. Driving under the influence of alcohol and / or drugs.  4. Speeding.  5.  Failure to yield on left turn.

Yes.  Not only does the Police Department have jurisdiction on Highway 71, we are as obligated to provide police presence and service to that area of our city as well as any other incorporated area of Greenwood.

Departmental Policy prohibits any member of this agency to trade, sell, or give away a departmental shoulder patch.


After filing a police report, you obtain a copy of that report and take it the Sebastian County Prosecuting Attorney's Office.  The PA's office will assist you in obtaining an Order of Protection.


The Police Department hours are from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday - Friday.  The lobby is located inside Greenwood City Hall.

By calling the Greenwood District Court at 479.996.6501 during business hours on weekdays.

Accident Report  $10.00 , Private Property Accident, Arrest, and Incident reports are $5.00.

Fingerprints are done Tuesday and Thursday from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM. The cost is $5.00 per card.  Appointments are not necessary.


By calling the City Hall main number and asking to speak with the Parks Department and providing a name for the pavillion to be reserved under.  Doug Kinslow is the Parks Department Head.  The phone number is 479.996.2742.

By letting the Parks Department know you need the electricity turned on at the time you reserve the pavillion.  You can contact Doug Kinslow at 479.996.2742.

Animal Control is assigned to Code Enforcement Officer Jerrod Ricketts. Officer Ricketts is available Monday through Friday from 8:00am until 5:00pm and can be reached through the main police department number of 479-996-4119.

Copyright © 2021 by the Greenwood Police Department | Website Design and Development by Jamell Digital, Inc. | site login